Hola from Miami! I am out here celebrating one of bestie’s birthday and am having the time of my life! Let me tell you, an annual girls’ trip is crucial to my well being. Even though, things can get a little cray-cray when you put a group of women together, it is an experience of lifelong memories. I highly suggest you get your girls together and head to Miami for a girls only weekend trip! Continue reading this post on girls trip to Miami with my itinerary.
Like to shop online? Who doesn’t? Click here to get $10 cash back, just to shop!
So you wonder why did I choose Miami? Isn’t Miami overrated? Isn’t Miami all about partying, South Beach and a spring break destination? To answer your questions in short, it is a NO. If you know me, you’d know I don’t consume alcoholic beverages and wild parties are not my scene. I know it sounds crazy to many but trust me I can still have fun 🙂 So what else is there to do in Miami, right? I am glad you asked….keep on reading and I will answer your questions on how to have an amazing 3 days in Miami.
Firstly, Miami is a popular destination in the world due to it’s beautiful beaches, culture, and nightlife. However, the city has constantly evolved and has become a hot spot for art lovers and foodies. Foooooddd, yass!
Miami is only a 3 and half hours drive from Orlando. Lucky me! Long weekend? Head to Miami. Spring break? Head to Miami. Celebrating a friend’s birthday or bachelorette? Go to Miami! Okay, I won’t bore you with more occasions as an excuse to travel to Miami. You get the idea.
PRO TRIP: Rent a car. Miami is not necessarily a walkable city like New York or London, car rental is a must if you ask me and works best if you are staying at an Airbnb. Uber is a great alternative for shorter rides or if you staying in a hotel. Parking prices at the hotel can get insanely high. Click here for car rental and here to calculate Uber fares.
Now as far as the weather is concerned, it is Florida weather which means lots of sunshine and lots of rainfall during the summer. It you are looking for snowfall, girl you are heading to the wrong direction! You most likely got on the wrong flight or have been lied to by the weather forecasters. Winters do exist, however, they are not the same version as for many other regions. 60 degrees Fahrenheit might mean locals bringing out their Ugg boots and down coats (no joke!).
WHAT TO DO IN MIAMI FOR A GIRLS TRIP
Miami has several upcoming districts that offer something for everyone. Yes, ofcourse you can spend your entire trip soaking in the sunshine at South Beach and then head to Ocean Drive for some lunch and drinks. But there’s more do to!
Wynwood District– Art lovers’ paradise! You can spend hours strolling through the streets, admiring stunning and colorful murals painted all over. Every corner is picturesque, an instagrammable paradise. Considering the weather condition, walking for more than 30-45 mins can get challenging, hence I recommend either renting scooters or you get a FREE rides around the town through Freebee. No, I am not kidding, rides are really free via electric carts, all you do is download their app and request a free ride. Click here. Tipping the drivers is recommended. How amazing does that sound!
Art Deco District– In case you are wondering what this is, Art Deco district is also known as the Miami Beach Architectural District with a historic significance located in the South Beach neighborhood. Click here to read more about this district and why you should definitely spend some time exploring it.
Bayside Marketplace– Shopping lovers unite at this 2- story open air shopping center located in downtown, Miami. Whether you are looking for some jewelry or book a cruise, Bayside Marketplace has it all! Yes a cruise. Click here.
Vizcaya Museum & Gardens– Need some home decor ideas? Or want to take a peek at how boujees live? Then check out the Vizcaya Museum & Gardens, a truly unique experience which allows you to connect with Miami’s past. Click here for more details.
Everglades National Park– is a 1.5 million-acre wetlands preserve on the southern tip. You can plan to visit the park on your own (at your own risk) or take a guided tour. FYI, 1.5 million-acres is an extremely large area, chances are you won’t get to explore it entirely but I do recommend doing a guided tour so you get to learn about the wildlife. Click here for more information.
Venetian Pool– If you are a pool person, I recommend checking out the Venetian Pool which is a historic pool located in Coral Gables. I think this is a must visit on your girls trip even if it is only for half a day. Click here.
If you still have some time and energy left on this amazing Miami girls trip of yours, here are couple more things for you to check out. Little Havana which is a vibrant Cuban neighborhood in Miami, with Latin art galleries, cafes with walk- up windows selling Cuban coffee, and restaurants. Coral Castle Museum is a outdoor sculpture garden in stone built by one man! I also recommend checking out the Ancient Spanish Monastery for some history tours.
You can also check out this website for all the current upcoming events happening in Miami and how to join them! Click here.
Before you go, I want to make sure you have all the essentials for your next vacation, shop my Amazon recommendations
WHERE TO STAY
When choosing where to stay in Miami, I want you to consider a few things.
- Will you be renting a car or are you planning to use taxis/Uber?
- There are several unique neighborhoods in Miami, each one having it’s own distinct character. Whether you are looking to splurge or find something that is budget friendly, you absolutely do not want to compromise on personal security. Choose wisely.
- Ocean view? City view? Indoor pool? Entire house/condo to yourself? Options are endless.
- Fountainebleau Miami Beach– $376 per night- named #1 in Miami Beach by Travel & Leisure magazine.
- Hilton Cabana Miami Beach– $249 per night- direct access to Miami Beach, spacious rooms, 4 stars hotel.
- The Villa Casa Casuarina aka former Versace mansion- $600+ per night- 5 stars hotel, absolute splurge $$$$$
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour resort– $1300+ per night (yup!)- royal treatment, unlike any other.
- Design Suites Miami -$85 per night- budget friendly but still a great option by the beach.
- Sobe best spot condo for 2 people- $80 per night. Click here.
- Penthouse with ocean view for 3 people- $199 per night. Click here.
- Ocean view from the 50th floor condor for 8 people- $364 per night. Click here.
- Penthouse in Brickell for 4 people- $169 per night. Click here.
- House with spa in Coral Gables for 7 people- $160 per night. Click here.
- New apartment in Midtown for 6 people- $139 per night. Click here.
WHERE TO EAT
This had to be my favorite part! I say that because I was shocked to discover that Miami’s food scene is so different and unique, especially compared to Orlando. I just might start driving down to Miami every time I am in the mood to try something new. From Argentinian cuisine to authentic Dutch, you will find it in Miami. Here are some of my recommendations that you must try!
- Big Pink– A little on the touristy side, but the food is actually delicious.
- Mi Colombia– Not so glamorous looking but offer authentic Colombian food.
- The Front Porch cafe– Breakfast served all day.
- CVI.CHE 105– Peruvian food. Loved the presentation & customer service.
- Gogo Fresh– Healthy, fast food options for a light lunch.
- Mandolin Aegean Bistro– Amazing Greek food! Open for lunch & dinner.
- Leynia– Argentinean grill inspired by flavors from Japan.
- The Bazaar by Jose Andres– Sleek lounge serving Spanish tapas, plus wine & cocktails.
- La Sandwicherie Miami beach– Open from 7:00 AM- 5:00 AM! Gourmet sandwiches on french bread, salads, and smoothies.
CONCLUSION- GIRLS TRIP TO MIAMI ITINERARY
Miami! I definitely enjoyed my girls trip to the amazing Miami and am already planning another weekend here. A world class destination located just 3 and half hours away from Orlando. So many amazing neighborhoods, fun nightlife, shopping, and endless food options! Why would I not want to go back?! And why haven’t you started planning your getaway to Miami yet? I hope you enjoyed my post on girls trip to Miami itinerary.
More Weekend Trips
Pin Me- Girls trip to Miami with itinerary